Monday, December 05, 2005

I realise...

I love Bombay. I hate Bombay. A two-day trip over the weekend reinforced this.
Got a chance to meet up with old flatmates and a friend from the old office. It is amazing how just six months can make a world of difference, not just in my life, but also in the lives of those who were in it.
I thought this trip would assuage that unfathomable longing that has been tugging at me . But now I realise that what I was missing was not a geographical place per se but a place in time. And nothing I do can ever bring that back.
This trip also made me realise that this city, home to me for 4 years, is no longer mine. Neil Diamond comes to mind:
...these days I'm caught between two shores
LA's fine but it ain't home,
New York's home but it ain't mine no more...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

..hmm..been six months aiyo rama!

You know I had sent u an arbit sms theother day? That was the deal too .hankering for a time which had gone past. hmmmmm

8:09 AM  
Blogger afishcalledgoonda said...

hmm...wattodo??

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its YOU?! Long time sweety, hope you have been well.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home