Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Flipping the Calender

This time last year. Of late, I have been going back there quite often. October-November-December 2004 happened to be the most busy period in my three-year-long find-a-groom project. And the most productive as well.
Have been re-reading my mail archives for these months the previous year. Go back and taste bittersweet moments: of wondering if I was some sort of a magnet who attracted only wierdos and losers, of saying no to some suitors who were really nice guys but lacked that one essential quality which fate had deemed essential-they were not S.
This time last year, S and I serendipitously crossed paths in the rush-hour traffic of cyber-matrimony. Looking back, I am thankful that I can now smile at the entire agony of "he seems to be The One, I hope this works out" and occasionally venturing into "I have no idea what I will do if this does not work out" , the endless waits for replies to e-mails, careful dissection of each syllable, the eternal dilemma of "why hasn't he called/should I wait for him to call/how long should I wait before I call/theheckwithit maybe I should just call." At the end, I can say that it was all worth it.
This time last year, as though caught up in a whirlwind, things started falling out of place and then fell back into place simultaneously.
The other day, I playfully took some kohl from my eyes and applied a small dot behind his ear. "Crazy woman, what are you doing?," he asked bewilderedly. "Drishti pottu," I replied. All this introspection about 'this time last year' has made me a superstitious old hag.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah yes...all the phone calls and six hour conversations on "relax he will call..stop being paranoid...etc etc"

now i am gettin nostalgic

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home